Patients and Family Tips
We know this can be a difficult time, and we want to be there for you, your children, family and friends.
This section includes our suggestions and recommendations to help everyone involved stay positive and get through this together.
We encourage parents to stay with their child throughout their hospitalization. In doing so, you become an active participant in your child's treatment and care. Child Life Specialists are also available to explain the intensive care environment and help ease you through the process.
- Child's robe.
- Child's slippers.
- A favorite toy or game.
- Pictures of family and friends.
Other things to consider:
- Bring all medicines currently being taken by your child.
- Bring any medical information including test results and immunization records.
- Parents are reminded to bring any medication they may be taking, as hospitals are not permitted to dispense medications to family members.
- Siblings are encouraged to visit, but parents are reminded that ill siblings should not be brought to the hospital to visit.
Additionally, experienced social workers are available to assist you and your family with any needs that may come up during your hospital stay.